Kubota RTV Winch Split Cable Hook Stopper keeps tension on the hook to eliminate the cable becoming loose
This "Split Cable Hook Stopper" is for the UTV winch. It weighs 4 oz and is 2 5/8 inches wide and 1 3/4 inches thick. This Split Cable Hook Stopper will fit between the two outside rollers on a UTV winch fairlead. It also works great with the synthetic rope and or the slot fairlead.
Reasons to purchase a Split Cable Hook Stopper :
- Eliminates wear and tear on your rollers from the hook
- Eliminates hook clatter from going down the trail
- Protects the winch motor and gears from pulling the cable in to far and bottoming out on the rollers
- Looks great
- Once you have one everyone else that you ride with will want one!
- Note: Wear leather gloves
- 1) Freespool winch and pull out approx 2 feet of cable
- 2) Pull hairpin and release clevis pin from winch hook
- 3) Remove the four bolts fastening the two halves of the Split Cable Hook Stopper together. Place the cable or rope between the two halves. Insert the four bolts and tighten
- 4) Re-attach hook to cable end
- 5) To stow hook, engage clutch and retract cable onto winch spool until hook is snug against the hook stopper and fairlead
- 6) Position hook stopper at approx 3/4 of the total line distance towards hook while using you winch